Conditions of Sale
- The highest bidder shall be the purchaser and in the event of any dispute, unless one of the claimants shall advance, the lot shall be put up again and resold. The Auctioneer’s decision shall be final.
- All lots are open to inspection prior to sale with all faults, if any. All breakages must be paid for.
- No error or mis-descriptions shall annul the sale, and the purchaser shall be bound to take delivery of the goods sold without allowance or diminish in price.
- Any deficiency in the quantity described shall not annul the sale on each lot, but neither the Auctioneer nor the Vendor shall be bound to deliver more than is in their possession.
- The Vendor reserves the right of making two bids at time of sale on each lot; and the Auctioneer may refuse to accept the bidding of any person.
- All goods lie at the purchaser’s risk from the fall of the hammer, and neither the Auctioneer nor the Vendor shall be accountable for any deficiency, damage or loss which may arise thereafter.
|Real Property Act: Section 45 – It is an offence for any person to induce another person in any collusive practice that may hinder free and open competition at an auction sale. Section 85 – The successful purchaser at an auction must give the auctioneer his name and details on the day of the sale. It is an offence not to do so.|
Terms of Payment
Cash, approved cheque, EFTPOS and Credit Cards (1.9% surcharge) in full on sale day. All lots are to be paid for before delivery of any one or more lots.
Subject to a reserve the highest bidder shall be the purchaser. The bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneer and if insisted upon and at his discretion, shall be at least 10% in advance of any previous bid. The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse a bid if it is not in the best interest of the Vendor.
Neither Swan Murray & Hain Auctions nor the sellers are responsible for any reference as to the condition of Lots listed. The absence of any such reference does not imply that a lot is in good condition or free from faults or imperfections.
A 20% buyer’s premium (+ GST) applies to this sale.
Swan Murray & Hain sells GST inclusive, meaning the vendor pays the GST (where applicable). There are no added costs to the hammer price other than the buyer’s premium.
All lots purchased MUST be removed by the end of business on sale day or the Monday or Tuesday following the auction, subject to arrangement with auctioneer otherwise cartage and storage will be charged.